I just wrote a plugin for WordPress that sends the title and a (shortened) link to the post directly to Jaiku. You can download it from here for now. Give me feedback. Once everything seems to work OK, I’ll look at officially publishing it.
- Rename the file to jaiku.php and place it in your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Go to the Plugins menu in your admin panel and ‘Activate’ the Jaiku plugin.
- You’ll then have a submenu under Plugins called ‘JaikuPost’. Enter your Jaiku username and API key there. Also choose if you want to send to Jaiku by default.
- Next time you edit a story, you’ll see a ‘Jaiku’ box on the ‘Write Post’ page. I recommend dragging that towards the top of the widgets on the side there.
- When you click ‘Publish’ it will now take a little longer to save as it has to run off and shorten the URL and post it to Jaiku.
- If the post has a category whose name matches a Jaiku icon, you can have it use that icon
- Some sort of option to set your location from your post
Edit: 2007-09-22 23:47
Version 0.00.02 is now available from googlecode: http://wp-jaiku.googlecode.com/. Any issues and all future announcements will be over there.
- Categories can have icons associated with them. When you make a post in a category that has an icon, that icon will be used (if you use two categories, both with icons, a random icon will be used)
- Removed some code that gave some PHP installations an unreasonable feeling of insecurity
- Same as last time.
- Deactivate the current version, copy this into place. Re-activate.